Eating Out in Bangkok

 crab omelette: 20% egg, 80% crab meat. 


drunken noodle with super big prawns!

Ah. After few months missing from my blog, I am back with some goodies!

I just came back from a 3d2n trip with my boyfriend. My boyfriend is a foodie. We literally travel to places because he want to try the known food in that particular city/country.

This time, we went to Bangkok because we want to try out the infamous Jay Fai. It's a street-food restaurant that received one MICHELIN star and also featured on Netflix's Street Food series.

To save a spot here, I reserved 3 months in advance and after lots of back-and-forth email due to unavailable dates, closed restaurant day, etc (so many obstacles), we finally got a spot to dine at 15:30 PM. (I don't know whether it was considered as super late lunch or super early dinner.)

It was worth the wait. For the omelette crab meat, it wasn't oily at all. When you cut half the omelette, it was all crab meat. As for the drunken noodle, they have 3 level of spiciness: mild, medium and super spicy. We take the mild one and it was still spicy for me (I can't finish it lol). But all in all, we were satisfied with out meal. Definitely must visit during your time, if it possible (considering when we arrived, there's note saying they're fully booked until end of November 2019. good luck if you want to reserve it!).

Other thing we have in mind when in Bangkok was to eat seafood. We both love seafood so much, so we went to the night market.


Lobster!

all the seafood we want to eat...

grilled river prawn


omelette oyster

We took MRT and went to Ratchada Night Market on Saturday night. Of course, it was crowded and full of group of tourists. Lotsss of unusual foods here! Crocodile, crickets, silk worm, cockroach!! I'm sure I almost fainted (weak).

We went stroll to each of the food vendors and found one we prefer. We ordered grilled river prawn, medium size. It came with 11 pieces (idk why 11, why not 10 or 12?) big prawns. We also ate the omelette oyster. I find it unique, because I never had one like this. It was tasty!

Bangkok is definitely a place for a foodie. You can literally find anything to eat here, whether you are a weak-hearted (like me) or an adventurous one. ;)

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts